Here’s a scrumptious and healthy weight loss recipe for a classic, Hunters Stew!
You can eat with the family without worrying about specific macros or having to cook yourself separate meals when needing a good weight loss recipe. You will have a great approximation of your calorie targets too which is the most important thing, being in a calorie deficit!
- 500 gram cubed beef
- 2 handfuls fresh blueberries
- 2 baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-2 teaspoon coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt/pepper/oregano/garlic powder
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- Optional: Red wine and Worcestershire sauce
- Brown the beef in coconut oil, and put on a medium simmer with the onions while that all softens up.
- Throw in the seasoning, followed by the carrots. Add half a cup of red wine, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Add enough water so the meat is mostly covered.
- Let this all stew for about 30 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the berries in the last ten minutes, with a teaspoon of butter to coat.
- When the carrots are fork tender, serve!
Once your meal has cooked, weigh the total amount in a separate pan and divide by 4 servings to get a close calorie weight loss recipe approximation.
One serving will give you roughly:
Calories = 353 per serve
Protein = 31.7g
Fats = 22.1g
Carbohydrates = 6.7g
You can add your vegetables and/or rice, quinoa or potatoes to bulk out the meal with the idea of satiating yourself as much as possible especially when you’re on a weight loss mission with the interest of keeping hunger at bay!
We hope you enjoy this weight loss recipe!
Tag us on social media and give us a taste test rating out of 10!